Boxtonium Group ("We", "Us", "Our" or the "Firm", which expressions,
where the context requires or admits, shall include its partners from
time to time and their respective heirs, executors and administrators)
is collected and used by the Firm in the course of Your use of the portal
www.adeptedu.com (the "Portal") and any services offered thereunder, and
You are requested to read it carefully. By accessing the Portal and/or
availing of the services provided by the Firm through the Portal, You
agree to the collection and use of Your data (including without limitation,
data pertaining to your child or ward as the case may be) by the Firm/the
This Policy does not apply to the procedures and practices followed by entities
that are not managed, owned or controlled by the Firm or to persons that are not engaged,
employed or managed by the Firm.
Your personal information may be processed in the country where it was collected as well
as other countries where the laws regarding processing of personal information may be less
stringent than the laws in Your country.
The information We learn from You helps Us to personalize and continually improve Your
experience with respect to the Portal and enable You to more fully take advantage of the various
benefits available to You through Your association with the Firm through the Portal, for example,
notifying You of any offers or opportunities that You may be eligible for, etc.
you as an individual (and would include without limitation, your child or ward as the case may be)
or as a single user on behalf of the educational institution that you represent, as applicable.
WHAT INFORMATION IS, OR MAY BE, COLLECTED FROM YOU?
The types of information We may obtain/collect include:
- Username/Email address and password for the account You may establish on the Portal.
- Payment details (including payment card number, security code, expiration date,
cardholder name and billing address) if You purchase any products and/or services
from Us through the Portal.
- Your personal details such as name, age, gender, address (including pin code), email
address (and, in the event You are below the age of 18 years, the email address of Your
parent or legal guardian, as the case may be), phone numbers, occupation (if applicable)
of your parent or legal guardian, education (including details of marks secured, and
extra-curricular activities), skills, interests (personal and professional),other demographic
information and other non-public information.
- Where You are using the Portal under the "School" category, details of the academic/educational
institution that you represent (the "School"), including without limitation, the name of such School,
its address, website details, affiliations with other educational institutes, details of the statutory
bodies who have granted recognition to the School, whether or not the School receives financial aid,
whether or not the School is co-educational, courses offered by the School, requirements for admission,
etc. We would also collect personal details regarding the official of such School who is authorized to
use the Portal on behalf of the School, such as such official's name, designation, phone numbers, email
address, and residential address. Over and above the foregoing, We may also require You to provide Us with
personal details of Your students, which may include the items mentioned in the third item above.
- Academic search behaviour and preferences, and a record of the searches that You make on the Portal.
- PAN details of teachers, staff members and officials of the Schools
- Other details that You may submit to Us or that may be included in the information provided to Us by
HOW THE INFORMATION MAY BE COLLECTED/OBTAINED FROM YOU
We may obtain information about You from various sources, including the Portal, when You call or email Us or communicate with
Us through social media, or when You participate in events, contests or other promotions. We also may obtain information
about You from Our affiliates, business partners and other third parties and publicly available information.
We may also obtain contact information and other marketing lead information from third parties and website visitors, including you.
When You register and use Our services on the Portal, You may choose to contribute content listed under the section "WHAT INFORMATION IS,
OR MAY BE, COLLECTED FROM YOU?". We may also obtain information like academic performance, education, subjects taken, qualifications and
certifications, etc. in the course of use of Our services.
In addition, when You visit the Portal or use Our services, We may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons, as described in more detail below. The information We may collect by automated means includes:
- Information about the devices Our visitors use to access the Internet (such as the IP address and the device, browser and operating system type).
- Pages and URLs that refer visitors to the Portal, also pages and URLs that visitors exit to once they leave the Portal.
- Dates and times of visits to the Portal.
- Information on actions taken on the Portal (such as page views, site navigation patterns, etc.).
- A general geographic location (such as country, state and city) from which a visitor accesses the Portal.
- Search terms that visitors use to reach the Portal.
USE OF THE INFORMATION COLLECTED
We may use the information We obtain about or from You to:
- Register, manage and maintain Your account on the Portal.
- Provide products or services requested by You.
- Process, validate and deliver Your purchases (including by processing payment card transactions and contacting You about Your orders, including by telephone).
- Inform users of products and/or services that may be beneficial or of interest to them; and upon receiving the consent or concurrence or an indication of interest, from the users in respect of the same, putting the users in touch with the suppliers or providers of such products and/or services, and providing relevant information pertaining to the users to such suppliers or providers.
- Provide administrative notices or communications applicable to Your use of the Portal.
- Respond to Your questions and comments and provide customer support.
- Contact You and deliver information to You that, in some cases, is targeted to Your interests (such as relevant services) and/or enable You to communicate with Us and other users of the Portal through Our blogs, social networks and other interactive media; and solicit Your feedback and input. These communications will contain links for preference management and, where appropriate, unsubscribe links should You decide You do not want to receive further communications.
- Manage Your participation in events and promotions conducted by the Firm, where You have signed up for such events and promotions.
- Operate, evaluate and improve the Portal and the products and services offered by the Firm.
- Analyze trends and create statistics regarding visitors' use of the Portal, the employment and educational interests of Our visitors, and any preferences with regard thereto.
- Aggregate or anonymize such information for business, peer and other business user level analytics, present any educational research and publications and marketing uses by Us or by third parties. For example, aggregate or anonymous data may be used to improve Our services, present or extrapolate student analytics across various metrics, geographies etc,measure and analyze the use of services and to help make services and advertising more relevant to customers.
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users.
- Enforce the terms and conditions of the Portal.
- Compute statistics or analytics based on the content created and/or provided by You, provided that the content in its full form shall not be shared.
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards and Our policies.
We also use non-personally identifiable information and certain technical information about Your computer and Your access of the Portal (including Your internet protocol address) in order to operate, maintain and manage the Portal. We collect this information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons, as described below.
If We seek to use the information We obtain about You in other ways, We will provide specific notice and request Your consent at the time of collection.
INFORMATION WE SHARE
(a) For Students, Parents and Legal Guardians
We may combine certain non-personally identifiable information about Our users and use such information to prepare reports. Such information includes, inter alia, the demographic information (such as pincode, age, gender, race or ethnicity), academic performance, skill sets, extracurricular activities, of many users combined together. Such information is used to analyze the characteristics of various populations and does not identify any specific individuals.
You acknowledge that when posting any content on the Portal, You are to decide for Yourself how much information You wish to display. You are advised to note, however, that when You choose to display or distribute personal information (such as Your contact information) via the Portal or any other distribution method, such information can be collected and used by others. This may result, inter alia, in Your receiving unsolicited communications from third parties, and You acknowledge that the Firm shall not be responsible for the same.
(b) For Schools (including its employees, teachers, professors, officials, etc.)
- We shall be entitled to use and combine certain information about the various Schools who use the Portal or otherwise avail of Our services, as well as information mentioned in clauses (a) and (b) of this section, and prepare reports for Our users and clients based thereon. Such reports would contain information of many Schools combined together and would not identify any specific School. Such reports and the intellectual property therein shall vest with and belong solely to the Firm and the School shall have no rights, title or interest therein.
- Where You are a School, the Firm shall be entitled to use the data and information collected by it from the School regarding its students, to approach such students and offer and render its services thereto.
- The Firm also may disclose specific user information, where such disclosure is necessary to comply with applicable law or order, judgment or decree of a court or authority of competent jurisdiction, or to cooperate with or seek assistance from law enforcement, to prevent a crime or protect national security, or to protect the interests or safety of the Firm or other users of the Portal.
- In addition, information We have collected may be passed on to third parties:
- In the event of a transfer of ownership or assets or a bankruptcy or other corporate reorganization of the Firm;
- in cases involving danger of death or serious physical injury to any person or other emergencies;
- for the purpose of protecting Our rights or property, or the safety of Our customers or employees;
- for the purpose of preventing fraudulent, malicious, abusive, unauthorized or unlawful use of or subscription to the Portal and to protect Our network, services, devices and users from such use;
- for the purpose of advancing or defending the Firm, its officers, agents, employees, and representatives against complaints or legal claims in court, administrative proceedings and elsewhere;
- such as credit bureaus, banks, or collection agencies for reporting purposes and/or to obtain payment for products and services purchased from Us;
- whom You have authorized to verify Your account information;
- such as external auditors and/or governmental authorities or other regulators;
- with Your consent.
DELETION OF YOUR ACCOUNT AND RETENTION OF INFORMATION
If You, as a School, want to delete or remove Your information permanently from the Portal, You may send an e-mail to email@example.com or through Contact Us. Please include "Delete my Information" in the subject line and Your full name and e-mail address in the body of the e-mail. We will respond to or act on Your request in a timely manner, normally within thirty (30) days. Furthermore, We shall be entitled to delete Your Information in the event of termination for any reason whatsoever, of the services agreement between Us and You (as a School). In the event of such deletion, please note that the Information pertaining to Your School, users, and students shall also be inaccessible to you, such users and students. If You (as a student) wish to have Your Information deleted from the Portal, You will need to contact Your School for such purpose, who has the right to effect such deletion. Further, if Your School has deleted Your account for any reason whatsoever, and You wish to reactivate Your account, You shall need to approach the School itself for reactivation of Your account.Please note that some information may not be deleted from all databases and backup records. If You have posted content on or through the Portal, We may not be able to delete it.
Upon cancellation of Your account for any reason whatsoever, or deletion of Your information based on Your request, copies of Your information may remain viewable elsewhere to the extent it has been shared publicly, with students, professionals, employers, educational institutes and providers, connections, friends, friends of friends, or was copied or stored by others. We may also retain certain information for customer service, legal and similar business purposes. We will also retain logs, demographic, indirect, and statistical information that may relate to You but do not identify You personally. Moreover, notwithstanding the cancellation of Your account or deletion of Your information, the Firm shall be entitled to continue to use Your Information for its business analytics and other purposes, without requiring Your consent or authorization in any manner.
Furthermore, in respect of Schools, even post-cancellation of the School's registration on the Portal, the Firm shall be entitled to continue to display information pertaining to the name of the School on the Portal, without requiring any consent from the School in respect of the same.
WHAT CHOICES ARE AVAILABLE TO YOU REGARDING COLLECTION, USE AND DISTRIBUTION OF YOUR INFORMATION?
Supplying personal information is entirely voluntary. Please note that services provided by the Firm are available only to visitors who register with the Portal online.
The Firm reserves the right to send You certain service related communication, considered to be a part of Your account with the Portal without offering You the facility to opt-out. You may update Your information and change Your account settings at any time.
We use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. We use session cookies to make it easier and secured for You to navigate the Portal. A session ID cookie expires when You close Your browser. A persistent cookie remains on Your hard drive for an extended period of time. You can remove persistent cookies by following directions provided in Your Internet browser's "help" file. Reference for cookies can be found at http://www.cookiecentral.com/.
We use session cookies to store the secure session and browsing preferences of the user. We set a persistent cookie to store Your username and interests so You don't have to enter it more than once. Persistent cookies also enable Us to track and target the interests of Our users to enhance the experience on the Portal.
If You reject cookies, You may still use the Portal, but Your ability to use some areas of the same will be limited. Cookies are used in shopping cart to enable enhanced security and ensuring there is no URL based spamming.
Update Your Account Information
You may update and amend certain Personal Information included in Your online account at any time by logging into Your account and making the necessary changes. Editing other personal information included in Your online account can be done only through the School of which You are a student. In such cases, You will need to directly request the School to make such changes.
Links to Other Portals
The Portal may contain links to other sites for Your convenience and information. These sites may be operated by entities not owned by the Firm. These other sites or linked third-party sites may have their own privacy notices, which You should review if You visit those sites. We are not responsible for the content of any sites not owned by the Firm, any use of those sites, or those sites' privacy practices.
SECURITY PROCEDURES IN PLACE TO PROTECT INFORMATION FROM LOSS, MISUSE OR ALTERATION
To protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under Our control, We have in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures. For example, Our servers are accessible only to authorized personnel and Your information is shared with Our personnel on a need to know basis.
Although We will endeavour to safeguard the confidentiality of Your personal information, transmissions made by means of the Internet cannot be made absolutely secure. By using the Portal, You agree that We will have no liability for disclosure of Your information due to errors in transmission or unauthorized acts of third parties.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect personal information including name, age, phone numbers, email addresses, unique IDs, demographic information as well as other non-public information submitted to Us, both during transmission and once We receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your personal information and email address, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We reserve the right to change or update this policy at any time by placing a prominent notice on the Portal. Such changes shall be effective immediately upon the same being posted on the Portal.